Dr. Brunelle started out as a Personal Trainer at American Health which eventually became YMCA on Post Rd. He enjoyed working with people to help them improve their strength and worked with a lot of high level body builders at the time. After attending Logan college of Chiropractic in the early 80s, he was a competitive power lifter with successful competitive placing during college. Dr. Brunelle set up his own practice in North Kingstown.
Besides his degree, Dr. Brunelle had continued his education and earned a variety of certificates, including:
- IYCA - International Youth Conditioning Association (www.IYCA.org)
- SFMA/FMS - Selective Functional Movement Assessment/Functional Movement Systems (www.sfma.com)/(www.functionalmovement.com)
- Postural Restoration Institute (https://www.posturalrestoration.com/)
- Neuro Kinetic Therapy (neurokinetictherapy.com/)
- Anatomy Trains (www.anatomytrains.com/)
- Kettle Bell Certified
- Webster Breach Technique (/icpa4kids.com/about/webster_technique.htm)
- Pediatric and Wellness
Dr. Brunelle is also currently working towards DNS (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization) certification. As a member of the International Society of Clinical Rehab Specialists he is working towards a certification of Rehabilitation 2 Performance. When not in the office, Dr. Brunelle enjoys strength training, recreational shooting and working on cars. His pastimes also include coaching his children in baseball, soccer, cross country, track and field and wrestling. Now that his children are grown he is dedicating more of his time towards Physical predation and injury recovery at the University of Rhode Island Sports Medicine Department, strength training and advising local strength coaches and high school coaches toward athletic performance assisting injury prevention.